Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good morning and welcome to my new blog. I will add photos and news as I go along. My news for today is that on Saturday, April 26, 2008, I will be at Arapaho Community College to read my poem "Mingle-Tongue." This piece took first prize in the ACC Writer's Studio contest. I love getting such affirmation and plan to enjoy my fifteen minutes.

Other poems have found a home in my beloved Cafe Review (www.thecafereview.com). Steve Luttrell, the EiC and I, along with Wayne Atherton, our art editor, founded this review almost two decades ago! It's an all volunteer effort, and thanks to many wonderful friends and poets over those years, we have never missed an issue. It's been a bumpy ride at times, but well worth the effort. In celebration of our 20th next year, we plan a special issue to include essays from editors of other publications telling the world how they select the work they include. It promises to be a diverse and knowledgeable fund of insight for poets, teachers, general readers. We get to look into the sometimes mysterious workings of publishing poetry.

I just received my contributor's copy of the first issue of The Broome Review. Alan Guruianu, the editor, has done a wonderful job. This is a classy and interesting "Journal of Contemporary Literature." He includes poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. Check it out at www.TheBroomeReview.com.

I look forward to lots of conversation here and welcome friends and visitors. Talks soon, KVD

No comments: